Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Who knew that life could take such an unexpected yet pleasurable turn....?

Seven years ago, I unexpectedly won the OMG I'm in my late 40's with greying hair, sporting a few extra pounds, and now I'M SINGLE AGAIN lottery. 

After 17 of what I thought were pretty good years of marriage, my husband came home from work one day and announced that he wanted a divorce. But I'm not here to dwell on that. I've always been a pretty chill kind of person, and soon realized that sometimes life does suck and it isn't fair. But I also realized that I was going to have to put on my big girl panties, (or maybe thongs to go with my new single life) and deal with it.

Ten years ago, if someone had told me what my life would be like now, I would have had them carted off to the loony bin. Me divorced? Only have my kids part time? Out on school nights drinking, playing trivia and who knows what else? Having my very married female friends live vicariously through my stories of men, flirting, drunken escapades and all sorts of debauchery?

Well check back soon to hear the stories and adventures that a normally level headed, somewhat run of the mill mom of three teenagers, make me scratch my head and think "really? REALLY? This is really my life now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment